You must bring in documentation supporting your needed accommodation, fill out our Student Information Form, and meet with the SAS Coordinator before you can be accommodated.
Possible accommodations include, but may not be limited to:
- Sign Language Interpreters – Contact the Interpreter Coordinator through the SAS office. Students who use sign language interpreters for classroom use must inform the scheduled interpreter if they will be unable to attend class prior to the beginning of class in which these services are used.
- Alternate Text – SAS is registered with Learning Ally (formerly Recordings for the Blind & Dyslexic – RFB&D). In addition, electronic text can be requested in several formats.
- Equipment Loan – Special equipment can be checked out on a short term basis by students registered with SAS. Adaptive equipment is also available in the Zuhl Library and some computer labs.
- Assistive Technology - Assistive technology is available for all SAS students who might benefit from its use. Contact the SAS office for information.
- Notetaking Services – Eligible students may receive NCR paper or other notetaking services.
- Readers – Are hired through the SAS Office to read exams and quizzes.
- Early Registration – available for only those students qualified and actively utilizing services from SAS each semester.
- Testing -Extended time, quiet location, scribes, proctors and/or readers for exams.
Please contact the SAS Coordinator for more details and if you have any questions.