New Students

If a student wants to arrange for services and make use of accommodations, he/she must be registered with the Student Accessibility Services Office. To do this, a student must:

  • Fill out the appropriate paperwork (see below) and provide documentation of your disability.
  • Schedule an appointment with the Director of Student Accessibility Services.
  • Examples of professions which can supply appropriate documentation of a disability include:
Licensed Practitioner What they can diagnose:
Educational Diagnostician Learning Disabilities
Psychologist/Psychiatrist Learning Disabilities, ADD/ADHD, Psychological
Audiologist, Otolaryngologist (ENT) Hearing loss and deafness
Physician Physical or other health impairment, ADD/ADHD
  • Complete forms:
  • Each semester/session (mini/summer), follow the procedure indicated below :
    1. Fill out your Request for Accommodation Form and return to the SAS Office.
    2. Pick up your Instructor Notification Memo as soon as possible (preferably, within the first few days after the semester/session begins). Note: For on-line courses, the SAS Office will send the Instructor Notification Memo to the instructor electronically.
    3. If the SAS Director has determined that a reasonable accommodation for you is:
    4. Deliver your Memo (and Testing Proctor Form, if applicable) to your instructors as soon as possible, but no later than two (2) weeks of the start of the semester/summer session.
    5. Make sure that each instructor signs the Faculty Receipt Form.
    6. Return the Faculty Receipt Form with signatures from all of your instructors to the SAS Office within two (2) weeks of when accommodations were requested.